A Redicard operates on your Redicard At Call Transaction Account and allows you to:
- Pay instantly for purchases under $100, by waving the payWave card over a secure contactless terminal in stores
- Withdraw funds and obtain cash from ATMs and EFTPOS outlets around Australia 24 hours a day
- Make purchases using EFTPOS terminals
- Withdraw and deposit funds over the counter
- Access your S70 Online Saver Account funds by transfering them to your At Call Transaction Account using Internet banking
Why Wave and Go?
Redicard payWave is the latest technology that lets you pay faster with less hassle. The technology built into your card allows you to pay instantly, by waving your card over a secure contactless terminal in stores. There's no swiping, signing or fumbling for cash. You just Wave and Go and you're ready to go in just a few seconds. For purchases under $100, you can just Wave and Go saving you valuable time. And don't worry, you can still use your card for purchases over $100, you just need to enter your pin or sign.
Because your card never leaves your hand, there is less chance of someone getting hold of it. Each Redicard payWave card features a 'smart' chip which is virtually impossible to copy, giving you maximum protection against fraud.
You will be issued with your own personal identification number (PIN) which is forwarded to you within a few days of receiving your Redicard. Every time you use your Redicard you will be required to enter in your PIN in order to prove that you are the owner. It is therefore very important that your PIN is memorised and not stored with your card for security.
Maximum protection against founterfeiting, card skimming and other fraud - with 'smart' chip technology the cards are almost impossible to copy.
Online PIN Change
Follow these simple instructions to change you PIN online:
For Internet Banking Users:
- Login to your account and select ‘MY PREFERENCES’ from the top tab
- Select ‘PIN CHANGE’
- Select your card from the drop down box
- Select your new 4-digit PIN, then repeat your PIN in the boxes provided
- Click on ‘GET SMS’. We will then send you an SMS code to your registered mobile, enter the code in the box provided
- Wait for a few seconds and you will then see a message displaying ‘SUCCESSFUL PIN CHANGE’ and you’re good to go.
TIP: Your new card must be activated before setting your new PIN
For your Geelong Bank App:
- Login to your account and from the SUMMARY screen, tap on the icon next to the HOME button and you will see four options, select the second option, ‘CARDS’
- Your card details will then display, for those with more than one Card, swipe to the left and this will display any other Cards linked to your account. There are three options displayed under your Card details, select ‘CHANGE PIN’
- Choose your new 4-digit PIN, then repeat this PIN to confirm
- Select ‘GET SMS’, we will then send an SMS code to your registered mobile, enter the code into the box provided, wait for the message, ‘SUCCESSFUL, YOUR PIN HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED’ and you’re good to go.
JUST REMEMBER THESE IMPORTANT RULES WHEN CHANGING YOUR PIN
- Never tell anyone your PIN and always try to cover and protect your PIN
- Never write your PIN on your card
- Do not choose a PIN that can be easily guessed such as your date of birth, if you do then you may be liable for any unauthorised transactions.