Late last year, Australia Post advised all its banking partners of the intention to introduce a new Community Representation Fee for the continuing provision of Bank@Post. This fee was in addition to the fees already paid to Australia Post for conducting deposit and withdrawal transactions for Geelong Bank members.
The number of members using Bank@Post over the past two years has reduced markedly as has the number of transactions. Geographically, the majority of members using Bank@Post live and work in the greater Geelong region. A review of member transaction types showed more and more members using alternatives to cash to purchase goods and services.
It is uneconomic for your Geelong Bank to incur the annual Community Representation Fee as well as increased transaction fees. The Board has therefore advised Australia Post that Geelong Bank will leave the Bank@Post scheme, effective 30 June 2019. Please note that you will still be able to pay bills at Australia Post, using your Geelong Bank RediCARD, up to $1,000.00 per day.
All members that have used Bank@Post in the last two years will receive follow up phone calls from our friendly team members to discuss individual banking needs and to suggest alternatives.
We will be conducting in-branch banking technology workshops in the weeks after the Queens Birthday Weekend. If you’ve never used Internet Banking, we will demonstrate how to use it and set up access. Or you may wish to bring in your devices to be set up with Apple or Google Pay.
Our Mobile team is also available to greater Geelong and Melbourne based members.
Account access options
• Visit our branch at 107 Gheringhap Street Geelong and receive personal assistance from our friendly Member Service Consultants. Free parking on site.
• Geelong Bank internet banking allows you to transfer your money between accounts and to external accounts instantly with OSKO (National Payments Platform).
• BPAY allows you to pay bills over the phone or online around the clock.
• Your rediCARD can be used at ATMs across Australia. Transactions at ANZ, CBA and Westpac ATMS are free. If a fee is not disclosed when you make an ATM withdrawal, the transaction is free.
• Use your rediCARD to obtain cash when purchasing goods and services. At major supermarkets, you can withdraw cash without a purchase.
• Geelong Bank offers Pay Wave, Apple and Google Pay minimising the amount of cash you need to carry.
• Loan repayments may be set up to debit from an account of your choosing.
• For regular cash and cheque deposits, encoded deposit books are available at no charge for use at NAB branches throughout Australia.
Questions or comments?
Please call 1300 361 555 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com
My team and I understand that change is often difficult and we are here to make this transition as smooth as possible. We thank you for your continued support of Geelong Bank.
Chief Executive Officer